30 Jul Let Us Find and Seal Air Leaks in Your Commercial Building Envelope
How airtight is your commercial building? If your property is like many in the area, it is not fully sealed. You could be wasting energy each day that translates to a reduced bottom line. Using proper sealants in Indianapolis, IN can create a secure building envelope to enhance your business.
What does this involve? Our experts will use caulking in Indianapolis, IN and other sealing methods to seal the air leaks in your building. If you’re not familiar with this process, here’s the FAQ.
What is a building envelope?
Everything that creates the barrier between your indoor space and the outdoors is part of your commercial building envelope. This includes walls, doors, foundations, windows, ceilings and roofs. Any unsealed areas in these structures allow interior cooled or heated air to escape and allow exterior air to enter the building. An ideal envelope is fully sealed against the outdoors.
What are common sources of air leaks in commercial buildings?
Every commercial building offers myriad opportunities for air leaks. Common areas that could use caulking in Indianapolis, IN include:
- Glass panes in doors and windows
- Door frames
- Window frames and casings
- Outlets and switches
- HVAC ductwork
- Openings for pipes, wires and conduits
- Ventilation fans
- Holes, cracks and gaps that appear over time due to wear and tear or settling
What are the benefits of caulking in Indianapolis, IN?
Allowing professionals to properly seal your commercial building offers several benefits:
- Reduced waste: Air leaks are a major source of waste. As your HVAC system works hard to heat or cool your property, these leaks are simply counteracting all that effort.
- Reduced costs: By reducing the energy waste, you can reduce your utility bills. It will be easier for your system to keep up, and it will have to run less frequently. As a result, you may have fewer utility maintenance bills as well.
- Reduced fluctuations: Buildings that aren’t sealed can be drafty and uncomfortable. A sealed building offers more consistent temperatures for better working and shopping conditions.
What is the process for sealing a commercial building?
Our experts use caulking and waterproofing in Indianapolis, IN to seal your building. We thoroughly inspect the premises to discover any sources of air leaks, then complete a top-to-bottom envelope seal. Common techniques include:
- Caulking glass panes in doors and windows
- Caulking around door and window frames
- Sealing wall penetrations with caulk or insulation
- Sealing switches and outlets
- Securing and sealing HVAC ductwork
- Installing weather stripping around gaps in windows and doors
- Installing draft stops on doors
Who Should You Call for Sealants in Indianapolis, IN?
Don’t wait for the next heating or cooling season to pass by before you do something about your building’s air leaks. Start saving money on energy costs today by contacting our team. For top-level sealing and waterproofing in Indianapolis, IN, trust Knauss Property Services, LLC. Property owners have been relying on our expert services to maintain their buildings since 1991. We pride ourselves on prompt, superior service and industry-leading techniques. Reach out to us to schedule your sealing today.