22 Feb What to Do if There’s a Leak in Your Commercial Building
Did you detect a drip? Are you looking for a leak? Perhaps one of your rooms is now a flood zone. If you experience a leak in your commercial building, this can spell disaster.
Fortunately, you can take steps to prevent small leaks from turning into catastrophes. The first is to watch for early warning signs of leaks. After leak detection in Indianapolis, IN, the second step is to act quickly to repair those leaks. Use the following tips to manage emergency leak repair in Indianapolis, IN.
Leak Detection in Indianapolis, IN
The following red flags often indicate that your commercial building is suffering from a leak. If you notice any of these signs, seek emergency leak repair in Indianapolis, IN right away:
- Odd smells: Do you detect a musty odor in your building? Moisture can cause this smell when it is absorbed by building materials. If you smell this odor, your building may have a leak. If so, you are at risk for mold growth and further water damage. Don’t hesitate to contact a professional for leak detection in Indianapolis, IN as soon as possible.
- Green growth: Have you discovered mold in the bathroom, basement or kitchen? Watch for this growth on ceilings, walls and baseboards. This is a strong indicator that moisture is behind these areas. It’s important to find the source of the leak right away and complete the necessary leak repair in Indianapolis, IN.
- Unsightly stains: In some cases, the moisture may not have caused mold growth (yet), but it has caused staining. Watch for stains on walls. If the stains grow in size, this is an indication of a plumbing leak in the wall, which will only worsen over time.
- Peeling paper: Have you noticed that certain parts of the wall have started to peel? Whether it is paint or wallpaper, this peeling can indicate the presence of moisture. The material is pulling away due to the wetness of the wall. It’s crucial to complete leak detection in Indianapolis, IN right away and repair the problem.
- Wall warp: Ideally, your walls should be flat, smooth and perfectly straight. If walls absorb water, they warp. If you notice that any of your walls are bent or curved, this could be due to a leak.
Emergency Leak Repair in Indianapolis, IN
If you notice any of these red flags, contact a professional right away for emergency leak repair in Indianapolis, IN. Remember, these problems do not go away on their own. In fact, they will only worsen over time. Don’t wait—it will only cost you more in the long run.
Contact the Leak Pros
When you need expert intervention for a leak repair or need to take care of major commercial building restoration in Indianapolis, IN, the professionals at Knauss Property Services, LLC are ready to assist you. We have the highest skilled craftsmen in the field. We provide quality services, including masonry restoration, waterproofing, emergency leak and repair and more. Contact us today to get started on your next project.