08 Jul Regular Facility Painting Maintenance Has Its Benefits
If you’re the manager of a commercial or industrial building, you’ve probably got a lot on your plate. Maintenance alone is a lot of work, and there are many aspects to building maintenance that require your focus.
This includes making sure all of your surfaces are properly maintained, and that you add new paint or finishes whenever necessary. This both keeps your facility looking great and helps you comply with standards set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Here’s a quick look at why regular commercial paint maintenance is important:
- It will look good for your customers: For commercial operations, staying on top of painting your premises will help you keep up the appearance of your facility, which will reflect well on your business and make a good impression on your customers. From the time they drive into your parking lot or walk up to your building, they will be impressed by your building’s appearance and see that you care about the quality of your facility (which suggests you are more likely to care about the quality of your products or services).
- It will help you maintain OSHA compliance: OSHA establishes health and safety standards that cover a wide range of building management tasks, including commercial painting. Using the correct paints and coatings helps keep business owners in compliance with industry regulations that will ensure the health and safety of customers. Antimicrobial coatings, for example, can protect everyone from germs, pathogens and bacteria. In a post-pandemic America, this is especially important.
- It allows you to save money on future maintenance issues: Staying proactive with facility painting and maintenance helps you to protect the investment you’ve made in your business property. Fresh coats of paint protect the surfaces in your building, especially wood. Considering how much money you’ve put into your commercial property, it only makes sense to prioritize maintenance.
- It allows you to maintain (or update) your brand: Part of marketing your business is making sure you develop a strong brand identity that people associate with your company. A new paint job that complements your marketing materials and logo can help your business stand out and reinforce the brand image you’ve been building. The colors you choose can reflect your personality and influence the decisions made by your customers. And the very fact that you stay on top of building maintenance like painting will show customers you care about your work.
- It helps you improve morale: This is a harder benefit to quantify than some of the others on this list, but it’s still notable. Workplace satisfaction can be bolstered by having a building that’s well taken care of and looks nice. It shows that the people who own the business take pride in the company, and that pride can be contagious,
For more information about why you should prioritize paint maintenance for your commercial or industrial building, contact the commercial painting experts at Knauss Property Services, LLC to schedule a consultation. We look forward to helping make your commercial property shine!